So, day off work yesterday, went and did my skips, great session, right up to the point my right hip went. WTF is that all about? I'm 41 not 61! Can only assume it was caused in some way from being skewiff whilst protecting the heel. Hobbling a bit today from both heel and hip so hung up the rope until both are better. This time round it's a marathon rather than a sprint so no point in making things worse. Weight/bands I'm finding, not exactly nice, but a nice amount of time. I try and make sure I get to failure for the most part and also keep an eye on the rests between sets which I wasn't doing before. The light is always at the end of the tunnel at the moment so don't feel it's one laborious slog, I know it'll get harder but right now bring it on. I'm going to whisper this, I'm quite liking doing planks, for some reason they're working, I've no idea why. did 2 min and 1 min this morning, both times I could have done longer. Anyway enough of that mumbo jumbo.
Small PCP fail yesterday, lunch with the family, ordered well, well as well as can be expected, grilled salmon on veg n mash, creme brulee did somehow slip into the order, but only as I needed something to go with the wine! But it was lunch. Apple and pear for dinner, honours even?
I learnt today of a bookshop I pretty much pass on the way home that has what's been referred to as a "wall of sweets" All old time UK penny sweets + UK chock and candy bars. I have to check it out, would be rude not to. The fact I wasn't there when they opened their doors this morning is testament to Patrick.
Just keep up with whatever cardio you can manage.
ReplyDeleteNow that the planks are easier, you can try the harder versions... ie include a leg lift, arm lift or this little treasure - plank on a therapy ball.
http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abmoves_5.htm
That is going to blow up your skirt.
Oh, it's such a shame I don't have one of those balls. Oh well! I'm sure they would have been really easy too!
ReplyDelete